Need Some Advice On A Dolby Atmos 7.1.6 Setup

Harmik

Novice Member
Hi, I am setting up a Dolby Atmos 7.1.6 setup and would like some advice for the Atmos speaker setup.

I will be using bookshelf speakers as I have cathedral ceilings so I cant actually have in-ceiling speakers so I figured Pic 1 suggestion from the Dolby PDF is ideal for me mounting the speakers on a custom stand on the front and back wall. The middle speakers are fine both show 90 degrees left and right. But the front and rear should I have them a little further out towards the middle of the room as in Pic 2. I can custom the design of the stand so the speaker will be about 1M (3 Feet) out from the wall without toppling over. No Pic of the rear but similar to the front.

If anyone that has a good understanding of Atmos can let me know whether it would be worth the effort to have the speakers further out from the wall would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• Pic 1.png
    Pic 1.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Pic 2.png
    Pic 2.png
    371 KB · Views: 98
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 82

Harmik

Novice Member
So I have pretty much decided I will bring the top speaker forward a bit by modifying the stand, currently, it's mounted on the backing board in the middle of the stand going to bring it forward and add a bit to the front as in Pic 5 It should then line up with the front speaker or be a little in front rather than be behind it. So I figure if a helicopter is taking off for example it should go straight up.

All the pcs of the stands are just prototypes made of scrap the finished products will be painted hi-gloss piano black also the front speakers will be proper tower speakers the speakers in the pics are just some old ones to give me an idea of how it will look.

Also not sure if it makes any difference but it won't be the TV in Pic 3 it will be a 130" screen projector I have already mounted a backing wall and painted it but you can just make out the out line so the stand in the pic is at the very edge of where the screen will be.

Again anybody with a good understanding of Dolby Atmos that could give advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom