1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice for getting into crt

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by siluro, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Ive been looking around for a while and decided i really want to start getting into it

I was looking to start as cheap as poss and, quite liked the look of a barco graphics 400 from rolland for 200 notes. What i want to hook up is a arcam 88+, us xbox and, for a bit of tv sky by s-vid and at the end have a 50 - 60" screen.

So would the 400 be a good way to start and would any one be able to tell me what a celling bracket and remote/rcvds (if thats the righ thing for switching, control and coverting) or cheapish scaler woud set me back?

I know its a odd screen size but i only have about 7 foot of celling to play with and cos of the size was going to try and make a screen.

Is there anything ive missed?

cheers
    lee

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    Lee,

It's a manual convergence model. As such its actually quite good for letting you see how these things actually operate regarding convergence and geometry. 've no idea if it can do an anamorphic crush 9ask Roland). For a small screen like that nad for playing games I'd say it's ideal. Also ask Roland as to the most suitable cheap video processor.You may not need one.

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'd forgotten I'd even still got this chap. I'll have to check it still works I was really only holding it for spares, but It would probably make a good first machine.

All the set up is done from under the hood.

4. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers guys, ya both stars

rolland if you could give me any more info on the barco or what i would need to bring it all together id be well gratfull.

once again thanks guys

lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.