1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice about pioneer receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by oldbar, Aug 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. oldbar

oldbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a pioneer VSA-E06 which a couple of weeks ago was sent to a audio shop to be repaired .They could not repair it so it was sent to pioneer .

What has happened is that in Transit the amp was badly damaged and I have been told that the damaged cannot be fixed.When i spoke to the service manager from Pioneer he said that when they work out who was responsible for the damage and who had to pay for it they would give me a new amp.

My question is this the VSA-E06 was a excellent amp and pioneers top of the range at the time .I am not sure if pioneer has any more VSA-E06 amps that are new anymore.I do realise that the newer amps have alot more features etc but are they made of the same quality components that the old amp was made of.
    The amp preformed with a lot of class and even the pioneer techs said that it was one of the best built amps that pioneer had brought out even at today standards.

What i would like to know is what should I accept if they offer me a new amp and what models do you believe that would compare to the performance of my old amp

2. oldbar

oldbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone any ideas at all thanks.

3. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I have a VSA-E06 that stopped outputing it's video signal. But the sound was fine. This is now in my bedroom and I changed to a VSX-2014i. I find this to be a good amp and I'm very happy with it. This amp has now been replaced by VSX-AX2 which seems to have more features like HDMI switching a ipod conrol.
    Further up the range is the VSX-AX4AVi and top of the range seems to be VSA-AX10Ai.
    I guess you need to know what amp will be offered to you.
    Out of interest what was the fault on the E06?