1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some adive people, looking to buy HDTV compatible plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ash, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Hi everyone. I will be buying a new TV in 1 month or so, seen the news about Sky HD coming out, so need a HD compatible TV. I can only buy from high street shops, so online offers people.

I am looking to buy a tv that supports 1080i/1080p or 720i or is it p :rolleyes: , dont know the difference between the two but want it futureproof. Also needs to be 37" or 42". With built in speakers, unsure about the stand. Don't want to spend more than £1,500, as I ahve to buy a dvd recorder with HD, stand, sky+ box, vcr etc. Any recomendations, like the pv500, selling in comet etc. like the 37" model. Also people on the board on baout a samsung one, which one is that?

2. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
  3. Slimline

Slimline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PV500 is the popular choice on these boards, but you won't get one for that price. The new Samsung is pre-selling at digiUK for £1550, you could check out this thread:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210764

but since nobody's seen it yet, who can tell whether it will compete.

Don't know much about the HD alternatives myself, but search this forum and you should turn up a lot of good information and advice.

4. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Anyone else can help?