Need some 12V trigger adapters/converters

timmorris

I've got a need to switch power amps on and off in two different installations.

The first has a G68 with a 12V trigger. I have 6 power amps which don't have any triggers. The first solution that springs to mind is to fit low profile X10 appliance modules into the wall sockets that feed the power amps and then connect an X10 universal module to the 12V trigger. I've used X10 in the past and it never seems to be 100% reliable. Can anyone think of an alternative solution?

In the second situation I have a Parasound power amp which can be triggered by 9 to 12V. I have a Pronto 9600 Serial extender that can contact close or use the built in power supply to switch 5V. I could use a 12V wall wort switched via the serial extender but that is hardly an elegant solution given that the wall wort will draw 20W continuously. Any adapters or alternatives that spring to mind? I do have a spare IR output on the serial extender if that could be used.

Thanks,

Tim

timmorris

I'm also looking for a signal sense module which will provide either contact close or 4-30V if a composite signal is present. Any ideas gratefully received.

Tim

timmorris

I've thought of another option that might solve the Parasound issue - a 12V power adapter that has a lower idle current draw than the 20W wall plug I curently have to hand.

Tim

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom