Need slight help choosing in different pricing sony 40x/40w(2000) vs sharp 37/42 xd1e

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by pinktank, Dec 26, 2006.

1. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The prices are different here so I need your help, this will be used for SD signals from a receiver, will move to digital cable soon but that will be SD too, I thought 1080p would be good for future proofing but I'm not even sure of that as given the price differences and the approximate hd transition(personal) date of 3-5 years, you will probably be able to pickup a 1080p for the price difference of 1000 euros now. Well, the three candidates I picked were as listed an their prices are

2749E W2000
    2949E X2000
    2400E 42XD1E
    2050E 37XD1E (I was heavily leaning towards this one)
    1600E TOSHIBA 37WL67Z (is this 1080p? , the dealer told me that the panel isnt interlaced but the inputs doesnt list above 1080i)

everthing is without vat (18% here) so the price difference is even greater in real life.

Your opinions regarding other tvs are welcome, as I wont be using hd for quite a while, I feel like it will be hardly more than a gimmick for me unless I use it with my pc, but this will be my parents tv and I will be off the country for studying. do lower resolutions do dot per dot at their native resolutions?

Thanks a lot

and here is a general price list, the prices are listed on the right in red List

2. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    correction bump

3. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really need help with this

4. scotw

scotw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Both the Sony and the Sharp have some great reviews from happy people and some reviews from not so happy that have received faultly sets. However, I think that the 37" Sharp does not suffer from those banding issues. :smashin:

Both are excellent sets, with good pictures, 2 HDMI and 1080p support. As long as you get a good one (better chance with the Sharp methinks) you'll be happy. I'd recommend going into a shop and looking at both with the type of input you'll be using, only you can choose between these two I think.

If you are happy with 37" and concerned about budget, I'd go for the Sharp personally. I want a 40" so will prob go for the Sony from a local store where I can return if there are any backlight issues.

5. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so no toshiba?

6. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello world

7. zygote23

zygote23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is driving me crazy also!!!:mad:
    Whats the difference between the 40w2000, the 40w2000u and the 40x2000?
    I cannot find any comparison info on the sony site at all.

I thought I was about to make the plunge but it's looking like a bloody minefield from where I am standing.

Anyone?

8. pinktank

pinktank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    x2000 has a better image processor and a different design

9. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: