Need review on a video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Farez, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Farez

Farez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    My friend have done a time-lapse project. We are really tensed whether it's okay or not. It would be great if you checked it and review on it.
    The link is on : [ame="http://vimeo.com/60903005"]Greeting_From_Doha_by_Farzana on Vimeo[/ame]
    Thanks.

2. Terfyn

Terfyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    As a time lapse film it works well and is a lot of fun. Perhaps I would not have chosen these subjects - but, what the heck!!
    Keep at it and I look forward to your next presentation. Perhaps a story line to join the clips together.

I also watched "Self Portrait" and "Golden Hour". I think "Self Portrait" would benefit from seeing your hobbies and interests. Then we would have a more complete self portrait. "Golden Hour" was full of beautiful images - liked it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  3. doug_1986

doug_1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Bit odd repeating each 'timelapse' so many times.

Also, are these really timelapse's? Not sure you can absolutely put a definition on what is and what is not, but that looks more like simply sped up footage (or 'undercranked', if you will, eg recording at 5fps).

As said above, probably not the best subjects to choose - you need something to film that actually changes from the beginning to the end of the shot - eg, sunset (starts light, ends dark), someone building a wall (starts with no wall, ends with a wall), etc etc. Some of these had the potential to do this (like the last one), but you filmed for way, way too short a time. You need time and patience!

4. doug_1986

doug_1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Your Hiroshima film is much better :)

5. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    doug_1986 I think this speeding up-effect is "Picsilation" where still pics are flicked-through(Benny Hill, etc.)...Stop-Motion
    + The Laundry scene is static . . . we see as much in the opening pics as we ever do.
    + The river scene is spoiled by buyers picking over fish and getting in their own shots. Close-ups of the fish, money changing hands etc would liven it up and "Tell a story" - that's what video/film does best.

Maybe it's a fresh idea ( only maybe ) . . . but needs to "inform" as well as entertain . . . no doubt you had fun doing it.
    Perhaps you can tell us how you achieved these clips . . . and were the actors "willing"?

Q for Terfyn...would the Interval-feature achieve this ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013