1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need region hack for AIWA XR-DV525

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Darco, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Darco

Darco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need region hack for AIWA hi-fi system XR-DV525.
    Anyone know it ?
    Thanks in advance!
    Darco

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. TazDevil

TazDevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still cannot find a hack for the Aiwa XR-DV525

I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction!

I did try one but it does not seem to work...

:devil:

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=XR-DV525.&Search=Search

This may be the one you tried. The only point I would make is perhaps the poster of the hack is saying you need a region 3 dvd. I would imagine once you see factory in the display you want to quickly put in a region 3 dvd so it picks up on that.

The thought that crossed my mind is once the player thinks its a region 3 player it might open up all regions as region 3 players are meant for china etc and I can't imagine them putting up with region restrictions.

Its worth a try anyway. Best of luck.

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Also Aiwa is a company now wholly owned by Sony (not long ago its was just over half owned by Sony). Sony own film and televisoin companies and therefore aren't friendly towards region free products. Often Sony's are the hardest to make multiregion using special remotes and if you do a hard reset you lose the multiregion ability! Meaning hiring out a special remote again. Perhaps Aiwa are going the same way.

6. TazDevil

TazDevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried this one... When I tries an R1 DVD it did not play...

7. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Did you try the hack as is and then try the region 1 or did you try putting in a region 3 first? Also did you try putting in a region 1 straight away after the hack and also doing the hack then switching to standby and then turning on and trying the region 1?

Did you get "factory" come up on the display?

There simply may not be a hack available for this system and it is restricted to region 2 and 0 only. In fact its been out quite a while now so I doubt if any new hacks will come out. I actually used to have the CD version of this and i bought it second hand, had it a year or two and then sold it on so it must be getting on 3 years old now. Prologic sound only with no dolby digital or dts.

8. TazDevil

TazDevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes... I got factory to come up on it. I have had it about 2 years or so...

I will try it again and try switching it off and on again before trying hte R1 DVD