Need recommendations on Multiregion DVD/Blu-ray Player that has cinavia hack?

Sylver123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking on recommendations on a modern and good quality Multiregion DVD/Blu-ray Player that also has Cinavia Protection hack.

At the moment i've got a OPPO BDP-83 which has been great but its old now and its on its last legs as its not reading discs as it used to do. I would like to upgrade to a more modern good quality Multiregion DVD/Blu-ray Player that also has been hacked to disable the Cinavia Protection.

Thanks a lot in advance for any recommendations

I seem to recall the Multi Region Magic hacks only cover region coding.
The firmware hacks once offered by TPS included many features including Cinavia related ones.
But TPS stopped offering the upgrade discs and the firmware is now only available from http://www.regionfreedom.com/
although apparently getting it is not as easy as it should be.

There are of course some paid for programs that will circumvent anything and everything on a computer if you want to playback from a PC or even make a protection free disc but the latter would usually involve a loss of quality

I've got my eye on the Panasonic DMP-UB900EB-K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player. I take it this Player is a good quality player and I just need to get the Enhanced Firmware for this version from the site above and it will be able to playback any Region discs for DVD and Blu-ray and also disable the Cinavia Protection on the player?

I've got my eye on the Panasonic DMP-UB900EB-K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player. I take it this Player is a good quality player and I just need to get the Enhanced Firmware for this version from the site above and it will be able to playback any Region discs for DVD and Blu-ray and also disable the Cinavia Protection on the player?

If disabling Cinavia is essential then I think the enhanced firmware from the website is the only option.
If you can do without Cinavia disabling then multi region for both dvd and Bluray is available with players from TPS and MRM.

If multi region dvd is all you want then for £10 you can get special little remotes on ebay that will do the trick for dvd only

Yeah I need Cinavia disabling and also multi region for both dvd and Bluray.

Have I read correctly the enhanced firmware from the website also allows you to set the player on any region for both dvd and Bluray? I take it you need to contribute in order to get the enhanced firmware from that website?

I think actually getting anything from the Region Freedom mob is quite difficult.
The only other option is to play via the computer with an installed program like Anydvd HD which will remove Cinavia.
The only other way is to burn a copy which would also remove it

The firmware upgrade I have on my Bluray Recorder was sourced from Region Freedom AIUI but I purchased it from a third party who no longer supply it

I hacked my Panny using a disc from TPS.

Just to note my LG player has no Cinavia. Do new LG players have Cinavia?

Why do people want to remove it? Other than to watch stolen content, of course.

Isn't Cinavia on the disc not the player?
Yes on the disc, but also on the player otherwise how will the player know to recognise & block playback ;)

Cinavia has been mandatory on all Blu-ray players since 2012, so wondering if Raquel Darrian's LG was bought before 2012?

Yes on the disc, but also on the player otherwise how will the player know to recognise & block playback ;)

Cinavia has been mandatory on all Blu-ray players since 2012, so wondering if Raquel Darrian's LG was bought before 2012?
I've had a LG BP125 and now I have a BP730 both don't have cinavia.

Also to add when I first got my Xbox One it didn't have cinavia. I haven't used it in awhile so don't know if an update changed this.

I've had a LG BP125 and now I have a BP730 both don't have cinavia.

Also to add when I first got my Xbox One it didn't have cinavia. I haven't used it in awhile so don't know if an update changed this.
Page 43 of the BP125 manual has the Cinavia notice though? Indicates this player has Cinavia.
LG BP125 Support: Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.S.A

Page 69 of the BP730 manual has the Cinavia notice?
LG BP730 Support: Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.S.A

Which BD titles with Cinavia have you watched on them? Not all titles have Cinavia. Seems to be mostly Sony titles that have it.

VCR's didn't have anything in them from Macrovision but the majority of recorders were still affected so wondered if Cinavia might be like Macro which is not on dvd's or Blurays as these only carry a trigger to tell the player to mess about with the output the same way Sky and Virgin boxes do.
I assume Cinavia is the same as you can make copies of discs which then eliminate Cinavia, presumably removing the trigger the same way they remove the region coding , CSS and Macrovision

VCR's didn't have anything in them from Macrovision but the majority of recorders were still affected so wondered if Cinavia might be like Macro which is not on dvd's or Blurays as these only carry a trigger to tell the player to mess about with the output the same way Sky and Virgin boxes do.
I assume Cinavia is the same as you can make copies of discs which then eliminate Cinavia, presumably removing the trigger the same way they remove the region coding , CSS and Macrovision
No Cinavia is a watermark on the audio track that the player recognises & blocks if it's a copy.
The player needs to have Cinavia in order to recognise it. Eg Blu-ray players before 2012, media players, even TVs that can play videos, aren't affected by Cinavia as it's not on the playing device.

I would expect that any software out there that can copy a commercial Bluray disc properly would at the very least remove all the protection any disc would offer.
But if what you say is the case then surely it would be much easier to buy the program that allows copying and removing the Cinavia rather than look for a player that doesn't have it which seems to be more difficult and probably more expensive.

The program I use to make copies of some of the Bluray discs I record on my recorder (because ITV , C4 and C5 try to restrict it) also disables Cinavia but I've not tried it. I don't see the point in making a copy when the genuine article is so cheap.

I would expect that any software out there that can copy a commercial Bluray disc properly would at the very least remove all the protection any disc would offer.
But if what you say is the case then surely it would be much easier to buy the program that allows copying and removing the Cinavia rather than look for a player that doesn't have it which seems to be more difficult and probably more expensive
None of them can remove Cinavia without affecting the audio quality. That's why it was so effective. It's invisible to our ears, but embedded within the audio, so extremely difficult to remove.

I think I read a while ago a company did have software that could remove it, but don't know if it really did or not. Easiest method is prob just to get a media player as they don't have Cinavia.

None of them can remove Cinavia without affecting the audio quality. That's why it was so effective. It's invisible to our ears, but embedded within the audio, so extremely difficult to remove.

I think I read a while ago a company did have software that could remove it, but don't know if it really did or not. Easiest method is prob just to get a media player as they don't have Cinavia.
DVD Fab claim to remove Cinavia when burning copies and have not mentioned if there is a drop in quality.
Although they sometimes take a while to crack new protection they seem to get there eventually

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom