Need Recomendations For Good Cheap Small and Medium LCDs

pixlrik

Looking to get a 19/22 inch LCD for the kitchen wall.

Will be connected to just an aerial for analogue TV and possibly Freeview when it comes to our local transmitter in a few years. A built in DVD player would be a good thing as well I suppose.

Also looking to get a 32" or 37" LCD for the living room.

Will be connected to Sky+ (and possibly Sky+ HD in the new year) and an upscaling DVD player (and possible BluRay in the new year).

For both TV's I would like to pay a reasonable price, nothing too expensive. Any suggestions for what sets and where to buy them for the cheapest price would be quite welcome. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

pixlrik

I have seen the Sony KDL32V4000 for £359.00 (plus only £19 delivery to N. Ire!) from an online shop called PixMania. Has anoyone any dealings with them before, are they good and reliable?

From what I understand the V4000 is a very good TV for the price so I would like to ge tthis for the living room.

pixlrik

Actually, I have just found it on Amazon for £369.99 down from £399.99. They do free delivery also. I'm really wanting to buy this TV now... should I go for it?

pixlrik

Too late, I already clicked on the "Place My Order" link. It's bought! I'm mad I am! Hurrah!

All I need now is the small LCD for the kitchen.

vickster

Distinguished Member
The Sharp on this page is the best in the size and price range Richer Sounds Not sure if it can be wall mounted (most little ones cannot afaik)

Very good choice on the Sony btw

vickster

Distinguished Member
Won't be very good to be honest (lots of threads around on AS) - is the Sharp confirmed as not wall mountable?

pixlrik

Richer Sounds doesn't seem to say whether it's wall mountable or not. I would need one that is as I don't want the TV to be on the worktop where it currently is, on the wall would be far hander as it would free up space and help put something on a bare wall at the same time!

I have an Acoustic Solutions 26" in the bedroom and I am quite pleased with it, I would only imagine I would get equally satisfactory results from a smaller model set from the same brand, but is there a thread of people getting bad results with the 19" set? -- Let's face it, anything is better than the 14" portable we have at the moment, as the colour has gone to hell and it's unwatchable (espcially The Simpsons as everything is the wrong colour! Marge's hair is green for starters!)

vickster

Distinguished Member
Have a look at Sharp's specs on their site :) Or try asking someone like John Lewis if it can be wall mounted

pixlrik

No John Lewis' in Northern Ireland, yet. One is opening about 40 min drive from me next year I understand. I'm not decided yet on which TV for the kitchen. I still can't decide whether to get one with a built in DVD player or not. Saves the need for a seperate CD player in the kitchen as well, so when I have people over in the kitchen for a few drinks or even at mealtimes, it's easy to just stick in a DVD or CD if required.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom