1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need purchase advice, model help.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by azfish1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. azfish1

azfish1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I am looking into buying a reciever and am in need of some help. I am curious what exactly is the difference between the lines that mass merchants and specialty shops sell. For example Denon has the four digit (AVR-XXXX) models in higher end stores and the three digit models (AVR-XXX) in mid/low end stores or at least seperate level rooms of the same store. Yamaha also has this with the HTR and the RXV lines. You can find models with close to exact features in eash lines but at very different price points. So..... what are you actualy getting by buying the Denon AVR-XXXX over the AVR-XXX or the Yamaha RXV over the HTR? Is there an audible difference or is this mainly feature oriented etc?I wish I had some specific models in mind here but I havent even gotten that far yet.
    Thanks big time in advance for any insight!

2. Cwhelan

Cwhelan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never seen Denon models with only 3 numerical digits in the current range? :confused:

even my old old Denon has 4 digits AVC 3020? & my new one 3805?

Have you checked Denon's UK Web site? they are all 4 digit. Is it an import which has different codings?

Sorry can't comment in Yammy's don't know them at all.

Conor.