Need pronto 940 cable?

grant1sc

Established Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place for me to get a pronto cable to connect to my pc? Cheers,

Lee

They have the usb cable for the 950, im usure how well this will work? any advice appreciated? thanks,

Lee

Won't work. 950 uses USB whereas 940 is serial to minijack. Completely different cable.

Yea, im not great with making things but its lookin like the only option. I may have to take a trip 2 maplins.

I might be making one this weekend 'cos I can't find mine. I've got three spare serial cables so maybe I can botch another one together...

Mike.

Mike,

Can you go into a little more detail as to how I make one?
I may be tempted to try if I was a little clearer. Cheers

Lee

grant1sc

Get yourself a cable with a 9 pin female serial connection on one end.
Chop off whatever is on the other end.
Get yourself a multimeter and check the pin outs to see which colour wire refers to which pin out (hole on the serial connector - they will be marked 1-9 on the connector).
Next check out this link

http://www.prontoedit.com/download/prontocable.zip

to get a diagram of which pins refer to which pole on the new 3.5mm jack plug.
Solder the relevant wires to the correct poles on the new jack plug.

and that is it.

BTW, you only need a 3pole jack plug NOT 4 (which are very difficult to come by). If you notice two of the poles are connected together hence only 3 being needed.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, do the jack plugs come with the relevant bits showing or do I have to remove the plastic case? Thanks,

Lee

send me a stamped addressed jiffy envelope and i'll send you one.PM me and i'll give you my address

Bob,

many thanks for your kind gesture but i have just purchased one. Thanks once again,

Lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom