need prog scan!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IGADHIA, Jun 3, 2002.

1. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there... going for a big set up. TH42PWD4 panny plasma with kef eggs and 3802 denon amp.

I need a prog scan dvd player to go with this...nothing mega expensive if possible.... what are your thoughts?

you know anything that goes well with this...and multiregion?

thanks

Ash

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get toshiba 510 which is progressive scanning and multiregion for £250

3. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Depends if you want PAL progressive.... not many players available, and they're all expensive. Best is the Arcam DV88 (£1,300) or Arcam DV27 (£1,600).

4. brlaw

brlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Ash, I've got the exact same set up as you Panny, Dennon 3802 and Kef 2005.

I'm looking into the Phillips 962SA which does progressive scan PAL and NTSC and is code free AND plays SACD! it's about £700 with delivery to UK. There's a discussion about it in this forum on the next page, I believe.

hivizone.com is the place where people have been ordering it. I have to say that it is really weird that this is the only place that has it. It seems like a dream machine!

Bruce

5. IGADHIA

IGADHIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phoo... 700 squids?

it really worth it? i mean I have get pretty good dvd players for 200.

what do you think guys? is prog scan/sacd worth 500 ?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you have ntsc films then the toshiba 510 will be ok it plays dvd audio and has progresive scanning. i think sacd is great £330 for the sony is a bargin