Need pointing in right direction

Iccz

Hey folks,

Basically the time has come to retire my bulky old 28" CRT TV, it has served me well but i'm redecorating my bedroom now and this just isn't going to fit in my room as I want it.

Anyways, I've got about £800 to spend on a new TV, i'm looking at the Sony KDL40V3000U, I went to John Lewis and had a look at it, naturally they didn't have it set up properly the brightness and contrast were low, so I turned it up and I was pleased with the picture.
I'm not really up to scratch with TV's to be honest, so I figure you lot are the best to ask.

I don't really want to go above 40", 42" is a possibility, I just wondered if this is the best in the price range or if there is something else I should go see if they have in stock so I can try get a picture comparison.

I've had a look around at various posts on here but I don't really see much that applies to my situation.

Thanks!

Boon72

cant recomommend it enough :D:D:D

try to get a price match from www.soundandvisiononline.com with john lewis as then like me you'll have a 5yr warranty aswell :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ChrisGgr

Yeah you can price match the S&V price and you get the warranty too.If only S&V would stabilize its price!

Iccz

Sadly I live down in Milton Keynes, it's a 2 and a half hour drive up there, which in petrol is still cheaper, as it's going to save me £100, it just seems to be like a lot of effort.

Shame there isn't one of them stores locally, I think it's time I look to see what friends I have in the Bolton area that might be able to ship one down to me haha.

vickster

Distinguished Member

Iccz

Well when I went in store the other day it was at £799, which to be honest i'm not too bothered about paying considering it's got 5 year warranty with it, i've sent my Dad to CostCo today as I read they now offer 5 year warranty with theirs too, i'm not sure if they do the V3000 but it's worth a look, i'm gonna go out soon and have a look around all the shops locally see what I can find best, Seems Dixons and Currys are the main local rivals and they're prices are a joke.

I'll be cheeky and go in store see what I can do.

Boon72

you dont have to PM a local store, people all over the country have used S&V.

JL should match it n then deliver it to you (if you want them too)

Iccz

you dont have to PM a local store, people all over the country have used S&V.

JL should match it n then deliver it to you (if you want them too)
I like the sound of this i'll give it a try next week see what they say :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom