1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need opinions on Yamaha RXV-x50 & x40 series!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CosmicOne, Jun 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do u guys thins is better the Yamaha RXV-450 or RXV-640???

i think the RXV-450 has more wattage power than the 640 also i has 192K dac & supports prologic IIx & DTS 96/24 but i noticed that the power rating of the RXV-x50 series is rated with 10%THD while the old x40 family is 0.6%THD & i think the lowest THD is better??? so what do u think??

& do u think the 450 is more powerful than the 640??coz i have Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 fronts & Diamond center & they need lots of power @ 6ohm ?????

& what do u think is better & more powerful the 450 or 640 or the pioneer D812???

2. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon guys??? help needed plz.

3. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Have had a bit of use out of one of the 640's at work and i should think the it would be powerfull enough to run the wharfedales, even at 6ohms
    Its a great amp for the price.
    better than the d812? - Hell I.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it'll be fine for driving the wharfedales

5. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But what does the 640 compare to 450????

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Go and listen to one and make your own mind up. Asking everyone on here is all very well but the differences/benefits of one product over another is very much subjective.

7. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am asking coz i might not have the chance to listen to all of them also i can't listen to them with my speakers,coz i live in Egypt & only one dealer here is selling wharfedales so i can't hear the amps with them & there's no home demos for amps here in Egypt.

8. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More feedback plz guys

9. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where's everyone???

10. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so does anyone know any Reviews to the new RXV-?50 series??

11. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i'd go for the 450 because it has DPLIIx. This gives you music, movie and game modes for DPLII and DPLIIx (6.1/7.1 sound from 2ch sources). Seems fine driving MS Premieres we have at work , and they're a 4 ohm load. Diamonds will be no problem :) note: the x50 series is the first range of Yamahas i've seen that dont' have an impedance selector which kinda makes me think they're more suited to tougher loads than the older ones

12. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx Rozzar for ur help,
    but i have a question!!
    from reviwes i saw that Yamaha amps goes low in power when in 5ch mode,i saw the RX-V640 goes from real 105W(tested by reviewing site) in 2channel mode to 39W in 5ch mode,& i don't like that atall cos this is happing with the amp i have now (KenWood KRF-5030d) & it desn't sound good in bass & treble like when i 2ch mode,while i saw amps like Marantz & pioneer that can keep up to 80W per channel in 5channel mode (also in the same review) but i like Yamaha more coz i heared it's the best in movies & i care for movies more than music,SO Do u know if the new x50 series goes that low on power when 5ch is working??or u don't notice a decrease in sound quality & power when going from 2ch to 5ch???

thanx again & ur help is really appreciated.

13. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    no, i dont' notice a decrease in sq and power when using the 5ch outputs of the rxv450 we have at work compared to 2ch. It seems like a pretty well sorted amp. The Marantzs have always sounded a bit gutless to me really- more for music affectionados that like a dabble in movies rather vice versa. I have nothing against the Pioneer '812 incidentally, just, if i was getting a HT amp, i'd want it BANG UP TO DATE which means DPLIIx.

Incidentally, i remember stocking the KRF-3030d Kenny, and boy , are you gonna notice an improvement with the RXV450 :p

14. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so Rozzar;
    after we know about the power in 5ch mode,

can the Yammy with it's rated 125w & minimum of 85w for every channel in 2ch mode overpower my Kenwood which is rated 110w & minumum 90W (am talking about power not quality here)??!!

coz my Kenwood can't drive my big Wharfedale dimaond 8.4's well ,this baby's need lots of power to move there woffers,even i tried biamping them with my KenWood for bass only & an Onkyo stereo amp (35wx2) for treble only & it was good but also lacking power espicially at low volumes the bass is not good enough will the speakers can produce very good bass.

thanx again mano for ur time.

15. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    If you are looking for a receiver that can genuinely supply a reasonable amount of power with all channels driven then I would look a bit further up in the range. The Yamaha RX-V1400 or RX-V2400 would be the best options from Yamaha. The Pioneer VSX-AX3 would give you the most power for a low cost of £650.

16. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crustyloafer;
    the problem is that this amps is not available were i live (Egypt) & also if they are they will cost much much more than this price due too taxes & other stuff,also i don't have more money to go to this.
    anyway thanx man for helping.

17. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    u sure the 5030 has 110w? i thought it was around 80w music power, i.e. 40w rms. its not all about power figures too, remember, theres current as well! all i can tell u is that the Premieres are a tough old load, despite the fact that they only get midrange, treble and upper bass from the rxv450. Your Diamond 8.4s aren't the bassiest speakers ever, by the way, so you may well be asking the impossible!! have a look into a decent sub, perhaps, in place of a new amp. 300UKP will get you a Mj acoustics pro50

18. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already have a subwoofer,it's not a high end one but it pretty good & go low,it's RCA 10" 100W from Radioshack made in USA.

i only want good bass from the Yammy amp & the 8.4's not something like subwoofers bass but i want to get the full bass those 8.4's can produce.

19. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honst i want power coz am Ultra afraid to get another amp & sound like the KenWood when listing to 5ch music,the ****yyyyyy KenWood lacks bass & treble & quality when all ch are driven,so the problem is not all with bass,but i want to get a new amp that can produce good treble & quality sound when all channels are driven & the bass can be dealt with with the subwoofer.