1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new tv :(

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Downinja, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Downinja

Downinja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Ok I am sure the regulars of this board get really bored with these, as I am sure its come up quite often, but I would really appreciate if you lot could help me out (I am am reliably informed that you lot know your stuff).

To set the scene..... I got really into halo2 was playing in a clan and got pretty damn good (if I do say so myself), lost interest for months then a friend kept pestering me to start playing again so I conceeded, got bottle of wine xbox on controller in hand just about to hit the button to start the first game of the comeback.... BANG..... TV BLOWS UP

So now I am "TVless".

I need a new TV so I figure treat myself. Want to spend around £400-500 on a 28" screen. Not really got a preference in brand although I do like the look of some of the loewe stuff, maybe an Avantos but not sure if they are any good.

Main use will be console gaming and dvd (would be ideal if it have a dvi input but I feel in that price range maybe dreaming a little). Integrated freeview would be a bonus but then the boxes aren't a fortune.

So what do you lot recommend.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Right,

If you search through the threads on these forums you will find that even the best makes of TV have thier problems . It is a mine field out there!!. My best recomendation is to go out and get some good demos of sets and see what you think. The main brands I would look at are panasonic, sony and maybe Loewe (although they have slipped a bit in my book due to some problems I had with a 2 loewe Nemos tvs).

There is no subsitute for a good demo in my opinion, just remember that if you go to currys or comet that thier tvs are not normaly set up for the best viewing experince, so ask to see them running with a dvd . Also make sure that what ever DVD you do see on a demo It is not animation. Animated discs tend to look good on pretty much anything. :)