Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Need new tv, considering in buying a plasma NEED ADVICE!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Frankeh, May 22, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was planning to buy a new TV this summer, first I was going to buy me the most expensive CRT there is (CRT's aren't that expensive anymore but have good quality so that's good for my wallet & eyes)

I never came in confrontation with High Definition before in Belgium, HDTV is slightly getting into the European market and I really want to play my games (the main reason why I need a good TV) in High Definition, such a big difference!!

So I was checking a belgian online shop who sells TV's, I noticed no CRT TV' are HDTV ready, only LCD & Plasma.

My budget isn't that high, I'm still a student but I will be collecting my money by doing vacation jobs. I know the pro and contras between LCD and Plasma and I don't really want to buy an LCD because of the color quality (especially dark)

so I was checking the plasma TV's on that site.. I saw this one: http://www.vandenborre.be/ECOM/app/ECOM.vdb?Np=MqqaM2tbeC933jqaieanKmdmP.9k

2000€ = 2500$ = 1350£

(my budget can't go much higher than that)

can you guys please give me advice if that plasma is any good (looking at the specs) ?

It's in dutch but you should understand the technical terms on the right side, if you have any questions what a specific thing means, just ask I can translate it.

Another thing.. what about in-burn with Plasmas? I heard in-burn can happen after 15 minutes of the same picture?? what if I play games for hours with a HUD system always on the same spot???