1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need new projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mark Ham, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Mark Ham

Mark Ham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reluctantly I am having to sell my crt projector due to a move to a smaller flat. It simply wont fit. I have got used to a very film like image and do not wish to leave the world of home cinema. I need a budget projector. Everyone seems to be going on about these 4 models. Sony hs10, panny, ae300, sanyo plvz1 and the infocus x1. Does anyone know of a dealer with a zero dead pixel policy for the sanyo, or anywhere in the uk where you can buy the infocus. Your help would be much appreciated.
    thanks

2. Corleone88

Corleone88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark,

If your previous pj was crt, why not going for a DLP instead of an LCD? The picture of a DLP is closer to the CRT (better blacks and colors, no screendoor) and has no problem of dead pixels. But you need to check if you are sensitive to rainbows...
    Cheers

3. Mark Ham

Mark Ham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a couple of dlp's in action, one of the cheeper sims which was very good but still 4000 quid, and a davis cinema 1....I think it wasn't set up very well as the picture wasn't great. My feelings for lcd projectors however are positive. I once owned a sharp something something 60e and it was decent for the money. Projectors like the sanyo plvz1 offer w/s for little money, but I am concerned about these dead/stuck pixels, as the manufacturing process cannot guarentee 100% success rate. Dlps at the same/similar price can only reasonable give 800 by 600 resolution and so w/s dvds will have grey bands top and bottom and will use less of the available resolution/ lumens. Still if anyone knows of a good dlp sub 2000 quid available in the uk, I would be very interested