Need new graphic card for dual monitor system

robtek70

I have a ATI HD3600 512mb graphic card in my PC and have recently bought a 24" lcd display and am using both this and my older 19" as a dual monitor system. I have noticed that when moving windows around that I get a little juddering on both displays which wasn't there before I added the LCD. So I am assuming that I need to upgrade the graphics card to something with a little more power. LCD running 1920x1020 and crt at 1024x768. PC mainly used for Photo editing, HD video and a little gaming. Any recomendation for a graphic card would be helpful, budget about £50-£60, card needs to be PCI-E, dual output with at least 512mb memory .

Clunk

I have a ATI HD3600 512mb graphic card in my PC and have recently bought a 24" lcd display and am using both this and my older 19" as a dual monitor system. I have noticed that when moving windows around that I get a little juddering on both displays which wasn't there before I added the LCD. So I am assuming that I need to upgrade the graphics card to something with a little more power. LCD running 1920x1020 and crt at 1024x768. PC mainly used for Photo editing, HD video and a little gaming. Any recomendation for a graphic card would be helpful, budget about £50-£60, card needs to be PCI-E, dual output with at least 512mb memory .
Best cards that fit the bill in that range are the HD 4650 (around £50-55) or better still the HD 4670 (around £65).

It's worth stretching the extra for the 4670 if you're running games on the 24" - not just for the extra power but the faster GDDR3 memory will make quite a difference).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom