Need New Centre Speaker

Ruby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looks like my old KEF centre speaker (model Q95C) is on its last legs. I need to replace it, and a quick look around these forums indicate that the Mordaunt Short 905i might be a good replacement. The rest of the speakers in my 5.1 set up are all 9 year old KEFs (surrounds are model 60S, fronts are model Q55). The amp I'm using is an Onkyo SR605. Should I go with the Mordaunt Short 905i or can anyone recommend a better option?

Why not give the Kef iQ6 a test, that's if you have a dealer near you.

Thanks for the suggestion DeeGee7. However, a quick look around the net seems to suggest that this speaker would cost around £300. Unfortunately for me, thats a bit out of my price range.

Thanks for the suggestion DeeGee7. However, a quick look around the net seems to suggest that this speaker would cost around £300. Unfortunately for me, thats a bit out of my price range.

I've got a mint condition B&W CC6 S2 that I'm not using. You can have that for £100. You can read a review from our own trusted Home Cinema Choice here.

Look for a Model 100 or Model 200

However, a quick look around the net seems to suggest that this speaker would cost around £300.

My 200 cost £300 (retails double that) worth ever penny. That Kef Q95 which I've had is a terrible centre speaker.

So it seems that nobody seem to think too highly of the Mordaunt Short 905i (for a centre speaker in £100-150 range). Can anyone recommend any good websites (other than richersounds) for centre speakers? Also, how important is it that the centre speaker is of the same brand as my other speakers?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom