Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Need new aerial. Help please?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RED_Martin, Sep 15, 2004.

1. RED_Martin

RED_Martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Can anyone recommend an aerial supplier/fitting company that covers the Wakefield area?

Also, what sort should I be after? BBC1 and 2 are fuzzy with ghosting. ITV is a bit better, Four is okay and Five is great. I have a Toshiba 32zd26 and also want to get Freeview.

2. KarlD

KarlD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in Wakefield now (1 month in new house and aerial blows down - bugger)

Who did you get to do your aerial RED? And would you recommend them?

3. RED_Martin

RED_Martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I had previously used Everest Aerials and so I called them up again. They have since purchased a load of other companies and now call themselves Viewtek.

They arranged to come out within two days. The guy was on time, professional, didn't try to talk me into anything I didn't need. Rather the opposite in fact. I thought I might as well go for the best aerial they did. He said I wouldn't need it. Settled on a mid-range model. Fixed it up in half an hour and that was it.

I think they may veer toward the expensive side. I got their Supergain 14 model at £99 +vat incl. fitting (natch) and 1 years guarantee

BUT

am I happy with the picture? Oh you betcha. It goes from being pretty darn good to jaw-dropping. Even better than when I lived in the centre of Wakey but I guess we are nearer Emley Moor now.

So yeah, give em a call. I used their old number but it worked fine.
    www.everestaerials.co.uk/