Need Multi Region Hack For Pioneer Dv-400vk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by zoro, May 3, 2007.

1. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    US version. Fantastic little being btw!

2. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    bump

3. nofear01

nofear01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I searched everywhere for this mate as I have a pioneer. There are no know hacks.

Sorry bud

4. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    thanks for looking!!please keep looking, as it is a newer unit

5. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Makes no difference! As nofear already posted on this thread, Pioneers don`t have handset hacks, so you cannot mod it with its own remote - see the "looking for a hack - start here" sticky at the top of these forum for more info on how to mod Pioneers.

Plus, as a USA model, that means its NTSC only, not dual format like Japanese and European/UK Pioneers are. You would have been better just buying the UK DV300 now, or waiting till the end of the month for the launch of the UK DV400 which can be modded via the usual way no problem. Plus wouldn`t need step down transformers, etc!

6. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have US version and it is multi format and does conversion too, but is not region free

7. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    ? Multi-format is not multi-region. Again, this machine is NTSC, its for a NTSC market so is not dual format PAL/NTSC as per Region 2 machines. Up conversion (or video scaling) is nothing to do with this.

8. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

I am trying to emphasize here man! that this machine is NOT NTSC only, it plays back all my PAL R0 discs too

9. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    R0 discs are designed to play on equipment from any region, irrelivent of video format :D

10. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I wish it would be so! I'll be in seventh heaven. I have 5 other dvd players, all purchased in US, ironically none play back, my R0 PAL Discs, except this darn pioneer 400V K.

I guess you are blessed with some special US based equipment that plays every thing for you.

Please wish me same blessings so I dont have to buy extra players to play PAL R0

11. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,306
    Now I've got lost here.

zoro says that his player WILL play back "PAL R0" discs. Ergo it will play back PAL discs. Ergo it is a multistandard machine. Which may be unusual, but this conclusion is re-inforced by "I have 5 other dvd players, all purchased in US, ironically none play back, my R0 PAL Discs, except this darn pioneer 400V K".

Ergo, all it needs to play back any DVD from anywhere, is a multi-region modification, which is what he asked for in the first place. Right? Or am I missing something?

zoro: re: I guess you are blessed with some special US based equipment that plays every thing for you.
    FYI, pretty well all players sold in Europe are able to play both PAL and NTSC discs. They are usually region coded (region 2) but most can be modified to be all-region. Many wouldn't be suitable for use in the US, though, because of differing mains voltage, and in some cases, limited and different sockets for output.

12. zoro

zoro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks Nigel,

Almost all machines in US are NTSC, R1 only. Occasionaly we do come across with some decks that can do PAL, NTSC and conversion too, but are still region locked to R1 like European machines are locked to 2. In this case as European machine can be possibly need region free, this US machine can be made region free too.

Pioneers are hard to remote hack, I presume, while some others like samsung philips might be easy.

So bottom line if some one can make a EUROPEAN 400V region free, it is possible to make US version region free too, and that is precisely I requested in the first place.:lease:

13. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94

But this was answered for you in my first post (post number 5) many threads back, with the info you asked for!

To clarify PAL/NTSC on non PAL machines - Pioneer, along with JVC, Philips, and some Panasonic models in the USA do have basic PAL video support in terms of R0 playback. Thats because they are all based on the same chassis and manufacturered in the same factory. Many of these machines CAN be modified to play PAL region 2 discs, but not via any handset hack - as already covered!

Just because they can read a PAL R0 disc, they are still classed as NTSC only models, as they are not designed for a dual video format region (PAL/NTSC)such as europe/Japan region 2. That means they don`t have the same video processing features, firmware content, or lack the PAL->NTSC video conversion as found on the UK/European counterparts. Hence the statement that they are NTSC only, the home market that the unit is optimised use with.

If any of your other machines you mention are Sony models for example, then they (along with many other manufacturers) do not have any video processing for PAL whatsoever. Hence the inability to read a PAL disc. Nothing whatsoever to do with regional coding, they physically do not have the required components for PAL video support.

The main point here is that the info you keep asking regarding hacking a pioneer for was provided a few days ago in this thread, and is also in the read me first sticky thread at the top of this forum!