1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need micro system with 2 sets of spkrs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Craig B, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Craig B

Craig B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a micro-system for the kitchen and bathroom. I would like to place the stereo in the kitchen with one-set of speakers with another set cabled into the bathroom. This would prevent me ruining another stereo in the damp bathroom.

Thought the Denon M30 was the answer but it doesn't have two sets of speaker outs. Can anybody suggest any alternatives, what I need is:
    CD Player, RDS Tuner, Small size, Decent looking
    < £300

I am open to something like the Denon with extra hardware to provide 2 speaker outs and IR control. Cheers

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the speakers for the bathroom have to be of particularly good quality?

If not then may I suggest buying a set of decent PC speakers (something with a subwoofer), and then connecting it the the RCA phono output on your micro HIFI system. If it doesn't have one then use the headphone jack. PC speakers tend to have their own built in amplification.

Or you could use the same method above and buy HIFI speakers with built in amplification.