Need longer throw

danjos

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy my first projector fairly soon and my problem is i have a 14'5 throw distance (16ft room) onto a maximum 7'7 width wall next to the fireplace.

Ceiling mounting is not an option and i was hoping to wall mount rather than table mount. a 14'5 throw distance seems to be just too long for most of the popular lcd choices that i was considering; ae300,ae500,z2.

Is there any way to lengthen the throw distance on these units? failing that, can you suggest any alternatives at similar prices?

Currently the hitachi pj-tx10 is the only projector left on my shortlist :)

you have a similar problem to me. I have 14.5 feet to project an image no bigger than 48" high. There is a calculator on projectorcentral.com that allows you to srch projectors by image size and distance.

This search showed the tx10 and a Sony one as being suitable.

I am hanging on for the Hitachi TX100 which has a 2x zoom. Same resolution as a Z2 with image shifting, better build quality - no dust problems (allegedly) and slightly cheaper.

Looks sexy too!

I'm waiting for the Hitachi PJ-TX100 too.

In the meantime the Epson TW200 will also work for you. It will project a 100" diagonal image at a throw distance of 4.52m.

Both these projectors have horizontal and vertical lens shift and use the same 720 LCD panel as the Z2, AE500.

thanks, i had no idea about the new hitachi ! glad i asked cos that looks perfect, straight to the top of my list :)

im waiting for the Hitachi 100 as well looks like it will cover my needs perfectly

snap, same problem and also waiting for TX100. I've been searching for the specs on the net. Have any of you found them?

:clap: :clap: Well if your right about the lens being the same ani4ani then this pj will do the job. Just got to wait now for it to come out. I bet there is going to be a waiting list for this!!!!!!!!!! Am i right in saying its due out in may

Well according to Nexnix (Shoot and show) Details are pretty sketchy at best but looks like same panels as z2 but brighter

Details

Panny AE500 has some sort of mode for eliminating/reducing screen door effect (am I correct?), which I also hear is meant to be quite effective.

I wonder if the Hitachi TX-100 has anything similar.

Also are some of you suggesting it may have sealed optics?

If it turns out to be an AE500 beater hope it's out soon. Shootandshow add makes it seem as if it's available now, but is this correct?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom