1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need khameleon code for Technics HD501

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by snakeeater, Dec 26, 2004.

1. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone provide me with the IR code for a Technics HD501 mini hifi system?

None of the technic codes in the book work and I cant seem to get the search feature on the remote to work properly.

Even a generic code to control the main buttons would be fine.

Many Thanks :thumbsup:

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Phone the OneForAll customer services helpline on 0808 1000 306, once it has opened up again after the Xmas break. Until then use the learning feature to copy functions from the original remote - shouldn't matter which code you have set up on the Kameleon. See pages 13-15 in the instruction manual (assuming you have a 2nd gen Kameleon).

3. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right so even without the actual 4 digit code I can still select CD Player from the remote and have it learn comands from the original remote?

That sounds great but dont these have to be mapped to the abc buttons or am I wrong?

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You can map to any button, except the device buttons and the magic button. You are limited to learning about 30 functions though.

5. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The European Kameleons have about twice the learning memory of other OFA remotes, so you can probably learn closer to 60 buttons.

6. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Says ±30 in the manual.

7. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't want to believe everything you read in an OFA manual! :)

Most OFA learning remotes have a 2k EEPROM chip installed where 1k of the memory is dedicated to learning. This is the case with the URC-7560 for example. But the URC-8060 has a 4k EEPROM chip installed where 2k of the memory is dedicated to learning, hence my statement about it being double.

I should also point out that the number of signals that can be learnt depends on bith the signals themselves and the way they are learned. Some signals take up more memory than others. A Panasonic signal will use up slightly more memory than an NEC signal, for example. Also, if the user uses poor learning technique (ie, they don't hold the teaching remote button down until the learning process is complete) the learned signals will likely take up more memory than they would if they had been learned properly.

One final word for he who eats snakes, you might also want to check out JP1 for your remote. This is a process whereby you can upgrade the remote from your PC. You could learn the signals from your hi-fi to see what they look like, then use this information to create an upgrade for it. To do this you need a JP1 cable and a pogo-pin adapter, which you can buy from http://www.hovisdirect.com (and they do ship to the UK). If we already have an upgrade file available for a device, or we can get the needed code information from elsewhere, you don't even need a JP1 cable because you can create a WAV file using the JP1 tools and then load the upgrade via the Kameleon's modem.

8. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I stand corrected. :suicide: