Need it and can't find it!

Moosh

Aaaaargh! :mad:

A few weeks ago I was thinking of recalibrating my receiver and thought that I'd better dig out the microphone that came with it. A few days later it, the microphone, caught my eye reminding me that I want to recalibrate my receiver. However, I thought to myself, "I know where the microphone is and when I get a spare hour or two I'll get it". :suicide:

So, I now have a spare hour or two and guess what?! Can I find the microphone? Can I :censored:!

Why didn't I just take the mike with me and put it next to the receiver?

I've had the same problem with a remote control for a TV we gave to a friend.

On a brighter note, I've found my old mobile which I was looking for a few months back! :D The need for it has passed though! :(

Cheers
Moosh

virtual22

Aaaaargh! :mad:

A few weeks ago I was thinking of recalibrating my receiver and thought that I'd better dig out the microphone that came with it. A few days later it, the microphone, caught my eye reminding me that I want to recalibrate my receiver. However, I thought to myself, "I know where the microphone is and when I get a spare hour or two I'll get it". :suicide:

So, I now have a spare hour or two and guess what?! Can I find the microphone? Can I :censored:!

Why didn't I just take the mike with me and put it next to the receiver?

I've had the same problem with a remote control for a TV we gave to a friend.

On a brighter note, I've found my old mobile which I was looking for a few months back! :D The need for it has passed though! :(

Cheers
Moosh
This happens to me all the time and it's so annoying. I think I spend about 35% of my time at the moment looking for stuff.

The annoying one is where you are sure something is say in a drawer, you look in the drawer and it's not there, then you go off and look somewhere else but you think "I'm sure it's was in that drawer" so you go back and look again, it's still not there so you look somewhere else but you still end up going back to the drawer yet again as you are sure it was there! :rotfl: Either that or I'm slightly mad :rolleyes:

The other annoying one is you see something, say an AV cable and you think, I need that, I'll put it in the drawer of the TV Cabinet (cos it's AV related :D). You go back a few days later and it's not there and find out the Mrs has moved it and put it some where completely daft, say a kitchen cupboard! :eek: Why move a cable to the kitchen!

mjn

Distinguished Member
I bought a DVI - HDMI convertor for my HTPC ages ago, but now that i have a suitable HDMI lead, i've lost the damn convertor and cannot find it anywhere!

funkyspider

It's either the Borrowers..
or the other half who seems to always put things 'in a safe place' when we have left it in a perfectly good place where we can find it.

Jenn

Novice Member
I often put things in a place safe where I won't lose it.. never to find it again... Well that's until I don't need it anymore because I've bought a replacement, it then suddenly appears in an obvious place.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
yup. always doing it. and sometimes even move it to a safe place so i dont lose it... then cant remember where the safe place was... :suicide:

and when i move this month im going to put a "found" box in the cupboard or somewhere and then whenever i find something i think il need to use again it will go in that box straight away until i need it!

New Born

Novice Member
Well I've (the misses more like) seemed to have put my drill charger "in a safe place", it's about 6 inches square and about 4 kgs.
I've hunted high and low for 3 weeks. Starting to get a bit desperate now.