Need IR Profile # for Parasound 200 Pre

m1964

Hello,
My "system" consist of a pair of active Dynaudio speakers, a sub and a pre-amp (Parasound 200 pre).

I am using a FireTV stick and have been using Universal Remote MX-780 + Flirc to control this small system.
The FireTV stick seems to get frozen occasionally and stops responding to the MX-780 but then it does respond to the original remote.

It appears that the original FireTV remote is capable of controlling audio amps/receivers and Parasound is listed in their sub-menu.
However, my preamp (200 Pre) is not listed, but Halo and P5 are listed and Fire TV remote would be able to operate volume and power on those pre-amps.
There are also a few IR profiles in the FireTV sub-menu that look like "IR Profile 3749", etc.
I tried setting up the remote under halo and P5 but it would not work.
I wonder if anyone was able to get the FireTV remote to control their parasound pre-amp, and what model was it.
Thanks

m1964

Hello,
My "system" consist of a pair of active Dynaudio speakers, a sub and a pre-amp (Parasound 200 pre).

I am using a FireTV stick and have been using Universal Remote MX-780 + Flirc to control this small system.
The FireTV stick seems to get frozen occasionally and stops responding to the MX-780 but then it does respond to the original remote.

It appears that the original FireTV remote is capable of controlling audio amps/receivers and Parasound is listed in their sub-menu.
However, my preamp (200 Pre) is not listed, but Halo and P5 are listed and Fire TV remote would be able to operate volume and power on those pre-amps.
There are also a few IR profiles in the FireTV sub-menu that look like "IR Profile 3749", etc.
I tried setting up the remote under halo and P5 but it would not work.
I wonder if anyone was able to get the FireTV remote to control their parasound pre-amp, and what model was it.
Thanks
Received an e-mail from Parasound- they say that 200 Pre uses the same IR commands as Zpre3

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom