1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Infocus (M1) A/V Box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NPM108, Mar 13, 2005.

1. NPM108

NPM108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is asking too much but I would like some kind of connection box where I can plug one end from the box into my Infocus 4805 via the M1 plug and then on the connection box have the various inputs that the M1 socket supports. e.g. HDMI, DVI, Component, VGA, RGB etc

This would allow the installation of the projector on the ceiling and cabling back down to an accessible location for the connection box. Hooking everything up to the box would allow the flexibility of being to use the PJ for a variety of uses without having to go up and change cables.

Example: If you have a M1-HDMI adapter wired in you wouldn't be able to use the VGA function to connect to a laptop.

I don't want scaling and stuff I just need a simple breakout box and I would not be using more than one input at a time.

Has anyone come across anything of the sort, as I'm really really surprised its not offered

Thanks.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,030
    NPM108

The cost of such a box would most likely be half way to the cost of an entry level Video Processor!

I guess a long DVI to DVI cable + DVI2M1 adapter and a set of HDMI2DVI, HD152DVI, 3RCA2DVI and SCART2DVI adapters will have to suffice in the meantime.

Best regards

Joe

3. ismangil

ismangil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which was what we did, sort of, when we had the X1, which uses the VGA port for both normal VGA and Component. We bought a 10m VGA extension cable, put a KVM on the other end, so the HTPC and DVD component out can share the cable. The DVD component out of course had to be adapted to VGA. I had to use all sorts of M/M & F/F adapter to tie them all together.

When were recently upgraded to 4805 with its M1 port, I was afraid I had to buy more cables, but in the end I just bought the M1 to VGA adaptor, and continue on with the previous cabling setup... As a bonus I can now set DVD out to interlaced to check the Faroudja thingy (whereas in X1 it uses a different input port), although so far I'm happy with the progressive out of the DVD player.

4. NPM108

NPM108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answers I didn't picture it that way. Can you recommend a good source for the various adapters:

HDMI2DVI, HD152DVI, 3RCA2DVI and SCART2DVI

Also do you rate the DVI2M1 that Infocus offer as a spare? I believe it uses Molex connectors but I was just wondering on the quality of their adapter.

Thanks again :)