Need info about setting my graphics card to PAL standard

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Minaki, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Minaki

Minaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I've been doing a lot of research into creating one of those VGA to RGB SCART cables to output my laptop onto my TV. I've found a circuit to combine the HSYNC and VSYNC and I'm going to start building that soon...

From what I've read, I understand that you have to be able to get your graphics card to output PAL or it won't work on the default settings. I've found this dialog in my graphics card settings which allows you to make a very customized output mode and I *think* this is what I need, however I have no idea of the values I need to enter to get it to output something that my PAL TV can display.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure I need Interlacing on, and I think I need to do something with the sync polarities... but from there I'm lost....

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,032
    PAL is a 50hz refresh rate - and 720 x 576 resolution I think - not sure about the other stuff.