Need Help

jsanderbeck

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a LG 75UH8500 that I purchased in February of 2017.

Been working great until about a week ago... Hooked up an Apple TV to HDMI3 and it worked well for a few days. One day I turned the TV on and the OS is slow as molasses... Like 15 seconds between clicks...

Also, TV comes up with spots on the screen like there is an overlay... Unplug the HDMI and allow it to reset then the spots go away however WebOS is still extremely slow.

Tried to do a reset of the settings. Didn't change anything... Tried putting the latest firmware on a flash and reflash it but it didn't seem to want to reflash. Guessing because it is the same flash version.

Next step was to try and get into the service menu and do a factory reset. Can't figure out how to do that on this TV. Online says press menu or ok on both remote and can't seem to get this to work. This TV just has the Dome Button on the bottom (up/down/left/right/power) and if I hold the pseudo OK button the TV just powers off.

Any suggestions?

Got a warranty on this but not sure if it will pan out since I got this from East Coast TV's and they went out of business in 2018.

In the attached pics, the little pixellated block in the middle is the remote cursor...

John

Attachments

• 20190906_152134.jpg
    20190906_152134.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 20190906_152205.jpg
    20190906_152205.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Did you pay at leadt £1 of it by credit card? - If so contact them......

Section 75 refunds

...if you didn't then remember this..... ;)

Ordered a service remote to do a factory reset but I have a service order in place now... They are ordering a main board for the TV. Crappy warranty though... This is part of the e-mail I received from Mack Warranty... Ship it back to Jersey??? REALLY !!!

Also, I get a 5 year warranty which SHOULD cover me until 2022 but am screwed if parts are not available now...

What a joke...

From Mack ---------------
Your ticket number is your authorization to obtain an estimate and does not guarantee a repair. Mack Worldwide Warranty has the right to refuse any estimates and may request that equipment be returned to Mack Worldwide Warranty in New Jersey for evaluation.

Please be advised: The Mack Warranty does not cover units where parts are no longer available or provided by the manufacturer regardless of whether or not the manufacturer is still in business.
-------------------------

John

Ended up being the main board... Service remote worked fine but the Magic remote caused the issue... Swapped the mainboard and everything is back to normal except a couple of my 4K movies don't decode properly in the Plex app and they used to... Not worth worrying about...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom