• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need Help

manowar68

I'm after a laptop for my 10 year old son for xmas, he wants to be able to do videos for youtube and download mine craft and roblox, is a social laptop any good for this as I've seen ones in curry's ranging from £150 to £180?
any help would be great thank you

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
'Social' is Currys marketing. I had a quick scan on their website but I couldn't find any definition so it's likely just the cheapest of the cheap.

Laptops at that price are a big drop in capability from a normal laptop at £300+ but they are cheap enough these days that they can't simply be dismissed as a waste of money.

The biggest problem for your described use is that both games and videos are large things and they typically have very little storage.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom