Need Help.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dynastywarrior4, Dec 4, 2004.

1. dynastywarrior4

dynastywarrior4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i have a dell insprion notebook 8100, and well i have footage on my digital camera but i'm looking for ways without a firewire cable to upload it to a computer, i have this one port on the side of my notebook with a TV and and a arrow pointing right on it, and i have external cable that hooks into that slot, is there anyway to upload footage through this port?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Well its difficault to tell. TBH the best way to find out if this port will allow you to capture video is to :rtfm:
    Assuming the port will allow capture then it will do the job, but it is an analogue port and therefore there will be a fair loss of quality with whatever you capture.
    You can add a PCMCIA card with a firewire port for around £20 that will give a full quality digital to digital transfer of your footage that will result in better quality final video.

Mark.

3. dynastywarrior4

dynastywarrior4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not that i want to capture video, ive already got it recorded on my camera i just wanna put it on my PC?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    That's what 'capture' means - getting the video onto the PC!

Mark.

5. dynastywarrior4

dynastywarrior4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i dont have any manual to read and figure out how to do this?
    i have a cable that hooks into the camera and a extended cord that has a yellow and black port that hooks into my notebook. Now if i connect them all together is their a way to transfer the footage to my Notebook.?

6. dynastywarrior4

dynastywarrior4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0