Need Help With Which Black Friday TV Deal

Minowara

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are loving being inundated with these posts, but I guess it's my turn. I've read a bunch and they all are close but not exact, so I need to ask:

I've had my current LED TV since 2009. I spent around 2k at that time and ended up with a nice 45" LED Samsung. I keep TV's a long time.

It's been 9 years and it feels like it's time to upgrade, and well, black friday is here. I've been looking all day and I am struggling.

I'm looking to spend $1400-$1700 and I'm not sure if I want to go with a 55" LG OLED B8 for $1600 or a 65" Samsung QLED Q6F for $1300 at best buy.

Both seem like they are a little behind the top of the curve, which is where I tend to buy. For more info, my couches are around 12 feet from the TV, but it's viewed often from a sharp angle, and it's in the living room which is full of light.

The 6F feels like an old model Samsung, but I like the brand and have never been disappointed. We do probably 1/3 PS4 gaming, 1/3 movies, and 1/3 TV. HDMI ports matter to us, as our current 9 year old TV has 4. We already have 5 devices that need HDMI, and my wife didn't look pleased when I introduced the concept of going below 4.

So should we stick with one of the two models above or should I be looking at something else?

Thanks a ton for any help.

Q6 has poor viewing angles. And OLED is leagues ahead regardless.

Are there any other TV's we should be looking at? Is it worth getting an OLED at 55"? (65" is a lot more expensive) Is the C8 worth $100 more than the B8?

Are there any other TV's we should be looking at? Is it worth getting an OLED at 55"? (65" is a lot more expensive) Is the C8 worth $100 more than the B8?

OLEDs are best for your requirements. C8 probably worth that premium.

No Panasonic or Philips OLEDs in North America so LG is probably the best option since Sony's tend to be very overpriced. Try to get 65" if you can at your viewing distance, its worth delaying/saving for.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom