1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With the Xbox 360 VGA Cables and My Monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by GarGar, Sep 27, 2005.

1. GarGar

GarGar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need help clarifying a few things conscerning the Xbox 360 VGA Cables and my monitor.

My monitor is a Mag InnoVision 771FS-S

Questions:
    1) This may sound really stupid but could someone please clarify exactly how I would connect the 360 VGA cables to my monitor?

2) Is my monitor even capable of playing Xbox 360 games in HD?

3) If it is, will the picture be stretched or will it automatically be adjusted to fit the whole screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I've not seen one but I guess you'd just plug the thing in, like you do your current vga cable.

The FAQ at the top lists some of the resolutions that will be supported, if you can read this on your monitor then its pretty safe to assume that you will be able to use your xbox360

should be fine.

3. GarGar

GarGar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help! It seems that my monitor is capable of HD but I am still a little confused about connecting it. Here is a picture of the Xbox 360 VGA cable:
    HTML:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4196275
    It seems like it requires the cable to be inserted directly into the monitor, but my monitor does not have this. Any ideas?

4. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    ahhh, I think I know what's going on. some PC monitors have a moulded cable coming out of the back rather than a VGA socket (which the cable you linked to would fit in).

this is a bit of a pain but not insurmountable. you can get a VGA cable extender which would just fit between the cable coming out of your monitor and the one coming out of the xbox. shouldn't cost more than a few quid. try maplin.co.uk

5. GarGar

GarGar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so I just need some sort of converter or extender. Thank you very much you have been a great help!