Need Help With Tannoy SFX 5.1 Speakers and Subwoofer Settings Please

rejaul2005

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tannoy 5.1 sfx set up with yamaha v373 Amp and i am using auto mic calibration to setup my room, can you please tell me if it's correct or anything am doing wrong on the amp or my placement? iv attached a picture too.

Here's my set up...

Set subwoofer crossover dial to FULL

Set subwoofer volume dial to 11 oclock

Phase set 0

Auto mic calibration is 5 feet away on the centre sofa against the wall.

Results are on the amp set at...

Subwoofer - 0.5

Crossover set at 200hz on amp
(changed it to 80hz, THX recommended)

Front Left speaker 0
Front Centre speaker 1.0+
Front Right speaker 0

Back right speaker - 2.0
Back left speaker - 1.0

Are these correct settings?

Please do give some advice for me to get some perfect movie dolby digital 5.1 sounds with natural bass.

Cheers everyone

Attachments

• 20141122_122303.jpg
    20141122_122303.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 212
all looks good to me as far as settings go - I'd shift the sub away from the corner some and see what difference you get.

How far away from the corner? Because I want the natural bass to travel to the centre sofa.

PS. Are you suppose to full dial the sub crossover to max and then use mic calibration?

Yes. Your crossovers are set high because your sats speakers do not reach that low. Why not keep it at those settings and see how you like them?

yes, you want the receiver to manage the crossover and send the low frequencies to the sub - I would experiment with the sub and see what I'd try the sub in different locations and see which you prefer - it may well sound boomy in the corner though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom