Need help with speaker - receiver combination

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by newHTIB, Nov 29, 2010.

1. newHTIB

newHTIB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to the world of home theater so want some help from the pros here. My budget is about $1000 for a complete system which will go into my media room which is very tiny - about 10' x 10' square room.

I have a Samsung LN46B750 240 Hz TV which only supports HDMI 1.3 so I am not worrying about HDMI 1.4 when making a decision.

Have sort of zeroed in on JBL-CS6100BG (unless anybody here thinks they are not worth the money and want to recommend something else), based on CNET reviews, as well as user ratings on various sites. It may be an overkill for my tiny media room, but I am thinking longer term and do not want to spend $300 on something which I will chuck in 3/4 years.
    Amazon.com: JBL CS6100BG High Performance, complete 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System with Brackets (Black Gloss): Electronics

Want to pick a receiver to go with it. I have picked a few based on reviews and user ratings but would like to hear from folks here.
    Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K ($300)
    Yamaha RX-V667 ($400)

I have heard good things about Onkyo and Denon receivers but have not seen consistently high user ratings on these receivers.

Looking forward to some help.

Regards.
    Newbie.

2. newHTIB

newHTIB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bumping it to the top.