Question Need Help with Speaker Position

plaver

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bannockburn, Australia & Benfleet England
I need little help with speaker position, I've chosen 7.1.2 configuration, the 3 across the front are easy to locate, is the others I need help with. All the surround and overhead speakers will be Keff Eggs. X marks the spot for each speaker position

The screen is slightly off centre in the room. My seating position will be approx will approx 13 feet from the centre of the screen

the two overhead speaker will around 1.5 metres in front of my seating position and 4 metres from the ground

Both Mid Left surround will be positioned 3 metre from my seating position, the mid right will be 4 metres from my seating position (Not ideal)

The rear left will be 2.5 metres away and rear right will be 4 metres away again not idea.

I intent on lowering the light over the snooker table, I doubt it will make much difference though

Anyone have any better ideas for the speaker layout??
fullsizeoutput_3fb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3fc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3fd.jpeg

All the surrounds are too high. For Atmos to work you need a height differential between the main speakers and the atmos ones. Hence all of the main speakers should be around ear level (all the same height as the fronts).

That's a compromise I have to make as it's not a deadicated cinema room, if that's the only thing I think because of the distance and angle of the surrounds I should still be able to get something from the ATMOS speakers.

Given the compromise I would probably not bother with Atmos then. Without the height differential it just will not sound right since the sound will not pan correctly. Adding more speakers to a system that is compromised in terms of speaker placement is often not s good idea.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom