Need help with sound on Xbox 360

K

Killian

Hi Guys

I have a Sony KDFE50A12U

Picture on the xbox 360 is sweet, and I do have sound, however I have to raise the volume to 60+ to get a normal level of volume. And then when I switch back to sky (normal telly) it nearly gives me a heart attack because the noise comes booming out.

Im connecting the Xbox via component HD which came with the premium pack. I've checked the connactions and everything is as it should be. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ? And if so how did you solve it. :lease:

So far it's the only niggle I'm having with this TV. Does any1 else have the same TV ?

RobDickinson

The 3 (RGB) component conenctors dont carry audio, how have you connected the audio pair? Or have you used the digital toslink cable?

K

Killian

On the back of my TV right next to the component inputs are the two audio inputs (Red and White). I have hooked up the two red and white jacks to these on the component cable, and left the composite jack unplugged.

So, to clarify, I have the three component cables and the two audio hooked up in the back of the TV. As far as I know this is correct.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Have you checked the sound settings of your Xbox360, perhaps they are set to digital surround sound?

Make sure they are set to stereo if you are just connected to yout tv without surround sound.

Hope that might help.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I think people have mis-read his original post because he says he does have audio, its just that it is very quiet so he needs to turn up the volume on the TV very high.

Just so you know I also have to turn up the volume on my Samsung to 50+ when using component to get a good level of sound but through RGB Scart on my CRT I dont have to go higher than 30 which is the level I use for dvd films and normal TV viewing.

K

Killian

Hmmm, why do you think that is, and how can it be fixed ?

It's pretty annoying, especially when I want to watch a DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom