Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Need Help with Sony VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by redalert, May 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. redalert

redalert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony SLV-SF99 VCR that comes with the RMT-CM102 "set-top box controller" and have lost the manual for the VCR :( ... My question is, does anyone have the list of brand no. i need to input into the VCR to control my digital reciever?

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Are you sure your SLV-SF99 will control a digital box. My Sony SLV-F990 comes with the same or similar IR STB controller but won't control digital boxes only analogue boxes.

3. redalert

redalert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but i'm not too sure myself since i lost the manual and only digged out the controller since now to try it out...

4. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I''ll see if I can find my manual, but don't hold your breath.

5. socoolpaul

socoolpaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a Sony SLV-SF99UX and use the set top box controller with my Sky digital. You need to set the code to British sky broadcasting code (858).
    You will probably find it will not let you program the timer to a channel number above 500 though (not sure why) :confused:
    I have the instruction book, so if anyone needs codes for other STBs I'll have a look.
    I bought a secondhand SLV F990 but that is missing the controller box. If anyone has a spare I'd be interested.