1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with setting up Hitachi PJTX100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ukkel1, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Ukkel1

Ukkel1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i received my Hitachi yesterday and today i mounted it on the ceiling bracker (a gyro) to project on the wall which is approx 3 meters away.
    The problem is the following: I have used the horizontal/vertical lens shift to get the image properly on the wall and on the far right hand side of the image appears this vertical thin blue/purple line. When i use the Keystone i see the line moving with the changes i make but it never disappears. How do i get rid of it? And what is the best way to get the image properly on the screen?
    Many thanks for your help
    Ukkel1

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    This sounds like a defect in the optics, often brought about when using the extremes of lens shift .. basically it's the lens causing a sort of rainbow effect. If you look carefully you may see a green line on the left edge, if you can't see it where it is if you shift the image over to the left you'll probably see it.

Not sure what you mean by 'best way to get the image properly on the screen', the ideal is to position the projector so that no lens shift is needed, or if you have to then use as little as possbile .. and don't use keystone adjustment AT ALL unless absolutely necessary.