• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help with printing a Panoramic

A friend of mine wants to put a panoramic shot of mine on his wall and I'm struggling to find somewhere that will print it.

The full size file is 25mb and has a res of 8232 x 1896.

Can anyone offer any suggestions about where to get this done?

Cheers

Mick

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
You may be able to get it printed as an A1/A0 poster print, chop the top and bottom off and then frame.

Or a quick google came up with these - http://www.posterprint.co/photo-into-poster/panoramic-poster-printing.html they do different aspect ratios.

Yours is 4.34:1 so will probably need to get 4:1 and have a blank bits top and bottom, try editing in Gimp/PSE10 etc. by copying onto a 4:1 canvas (8400 x 2100) and then colouring the top and bottom a suitable colour otherwise I suspect it may be left white and not look right.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cedmondson

Do you have an output size in mind or is that part of your question?
It would also be helpful to know what kind of paper (or canvas) you want to print onto.

Rich Marshall

jamescarter1981

Menor photographic in Sawbridgeworth will print it pretty much as big as you want it. Used them a number of times and the print quality is top notch! I'm sure they'd pop it in a tube and post back too and work with pretty much any file type but you may have to burn on a cd or memory stick and post to them due to it's size

You may be able to get it printed as an A1/A0 poster print, chop the top and bottom off and then frame.

Or a quick google came up with these - Panorama Poster Printing - Your Photos to Panoramic Posters! they do different aspect ratios.

Yours is 4.34:1 so will probably need to get 4:1 and have a blank bits top and bottom, try editing in Gimp/PSE10 etc. by copying onto a 4:1 canvas (8400 x 2100) and then colouring the top and bottom a suitable colour otherwise I suspect it may be left white and not look right.

Hope this helps.

Brilliant stuff, I've just placed an order with for it, It only cost me £11.95 so if it comes wrong I'm not bothered.

Do you have an output size in mind or is that part of your question?
It would also be helpful to know what kind of paper (or canvas) you want to print onto.

In term of wall size he was looking for it to be about 60cm's wide on the long side so nothing massive at all.

And standard matte photo paper will be fine, its just above his office desk at home.

I've used Professional Photographic Laboratory Sheffield UK True Photographic Prints from Digital Media Peak Imaging a few times for commissioned pieces, they are usually pretty helpful, give em a call :smashin:

Bookmarked....I'm in Sheffield most weekends and I've actually got some photo's I want printing and the fact that they are so close to me is a big bonus.! Thanks..

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Cool, let us know how it turns out as I have a number of panoramas including a 360 from the eifel tower (29k x 2.8k pixels !!!), a 360 from the top of a mountain in Germany and one from Villa park (sorry no accounting for taste is there, soemone has to, etc.etc.) that I may want to print off.

Well I've had an email saying that its been posted via recorded delivery so printed and sent in less than 12 hrs.

Good service thus far.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom