Question Need help with picking an AV that fits my needs

PredatorZod

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello This is my first time on an AV form and in general the AV world.

My knowledge is very basic and would really appreciate some help on deciding what to get that serves my needs. Please bare with me as this is all new to me :).

My old set up:
  • A/V: Marantz SR7005 (everything connected to this)
  • TV: Samsung Full HD 1080p
  • Speakers: Paradigm 5.1 sound system with 2 base boxes
  • Media: WD tv for playing media via hard drives connected to it
  • Gaming: PS4
I also have 4 rooms in the house each with 2 sets of speakers in the ceiling (8 total), all connected to a Denon AVR-2312. Each room has a volume controller. My aim was to be able to play music on the fly through wireless, but at the time no one knew how to set it up for me and ended up having to hard wire my music to it and get an additional AV, which was a drag as I could not control it in the other rooms :(.

New Set up:

TV: 4k SUHD Samsung 8 series
Speakers: Paradigm 5.1 sound system with 2 base boxes (same as old setup)
Gaming: PS4 pro
Gaming: Nvidia Shield TV (aim is to stream plex + games from PC on TV or through Ethernet)
Router: Asus RT-AC88U
AV: Need help on what to get

I need an AV that can make all the above work and play nice, while also giving me great video and audio feedback. I would also REALLY appreciate it if one AV can do all the above, plus run the 8 other ceiling speakers in the other 4 rooms of the house. Is it possible? can the wife be in a room listening to music, while I am on the TV watching something?

If not and I need 2 AV's, what can I get just to run the audio for the other rooms and be able to control what to play say from a phone.

Your guidance is highly appreciated !

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom