Need help with outdoor speakers and amp

Surfnsnowboard3

Novice Member
Hey guys, I need your help. I bought the following 4 speakers, amp and selector switch:

I had an electrician install the items on my outdoor patio. He told me the following: With the selector switch installed, the Pyle amp would NOT go into Bluetooth pairing mode (unknown why). When the selector switch was removed, the Pyle paired fine. So I ended up just telling him to remove the selector switch. Anybody ever heard of this?

Secondly and more importantly, when I crank up the volume on the Pyle amp, at about 50-60%, the audio completely cuts out. The electrician thinks “you may need another amp.” But couldn’t explain further why this was happening. Any help on this?

Update for you guys with specs:

4 speakers installed total , specs for 2 speakers only:

Manufacturers Specifications: 2 Speakers Included Frequency Response: 100Hz-20kHz Woofer: 4" Polyelite PVA Surround Midrange: 1.6" Polypropylene Cone Tweeter: 0.78" Piezo Dome Sensitivity: 85.5 dB Nominal Impedance: 4-6 Ohms 100 Watt Peak Power - 50 Watts RMS

Specs for amp:

Technical Specs: Power Output: 100 Watt Peak, 40 Watt RMS Mic Input Type: Dynamic Power Amp Type: Stereo Class-T Minimum Load Resistance: 4 Ohm T.H.D.: 0.06% (8 Ohm, 1 kHz) Power Draw: 2 Amps Power: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz (12V DC Adapter)

Thanks guys

Last edited:

mushii

Are all 4 speakers still wired to this device ?

mushii

And do you know how your electrician has wired them, series or parallel ?

mushii

That amp needs a minimum of a 4 ohm load. If the speakers are all wired back to the amp directly then it would be fair to say that they are in parallel. The speakers are 6 ohms each and when you wire in parallel you half the resistance, hence a 3 ohm load, which is too low for your amplifier to operate properly, which is probably why it is cutting out

Surfnsnowboard3

Novice Member
That amp needs a minimum of a 4 ohm load. If the speakers are all wired back to the amp directly then it would be fair to say that they are in parallel. The speakers are 6 ohms each and when you wire in parallel you half the resistance, hence a 3 ohm load, which is too low for your amplifier to operate properly, which is probably why it is cutting out
makes sense. How can I fix this?

RMP888

Here is what the 4 speakers into the amp looks like. Can you tell if it’s series or parallel based on this photo?
from the picture it seems to be wired in parallel, with two separate red wire and two separate black wires.

mushii

The problem is that amp is basically not up to driving 4 speakers. Get your electrician to disconnect one pair and see if that helps. If you want to drive 4 speakers you are going to need a different solution.