Question Need help with newly built PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by N0ddie, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. N0ddie

N0ddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Alrighty folks. Just completed my first PC build which I've been debating doing for a couple of years now. The PC fires up and runs ok in BIOS however I cannot for the life of me get it to install Windows 10 off of the Creation tool USB thingy I have.

When starting the PC I press F8 to select volume to boot from, select the USB drive I've got the installer tool on but it always (After a few seconds) reverts to the "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select boot device" or something close to that message.

I dont know if its because I'm making the Windows installer USB on my iMac and its not doing it right or what but its leaving me in a position where I can't use the bloody thing.

One of my case fans has a nice chirp sound to it also and Amazon want me to send the whole case back instead of sending me a new fan or send me a replacement case and I would swap the fans and send that case back with the faulty fan.

Any suggestions? I've reserved a Windows 10 install from Maplins which I'll pick up later which comes with a USB installer so hopefully that'll resolve my issue, though if it doesn't then I'll be at a total loss.

The Mobo is a ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme if it makes any difference.

2. Eddy555

Eddy555
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,772
    Yeah I think I've had problems making boot disks for Windows from a Mac. Ideally you'd create it from another Windows PC, but that may not always be possible.
    You could try this
    How to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive from a Mac

The case fan is a PITA, I can understand Amazon's viewpoint, but it's not the best when it's the key part of your PC. Personally I'd buy another fan to replace it with and go with that.

3. N0ddie

N0ddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Cheers for the speedy reply. I did try that linked suggestion but to no avail.

I'm just gonna buy a new fan I think to save the hassle of a full destruct and rebuild.

4. N0ddie

N0ddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    So I managed to get the PC booted with windows using the Windows 10 USB flash from Maplins.

Big relief tbh.