Need help with new PC

jamesgooner

Established Member
Reaction score
hello all just got a new PC from Overclokers today. need some help please.
im having a few problems,

1 i have connected my PC to my TV with 2 hdmi cables. one from graphics card Nvidia GTX670 to my amp the other to my TV, i cant get 5.1sound out of my amp i have tried for about an hour & have given up now, my sound card is realtec.

2 my TV picture keeps flicking on & off every few minutes then comes back on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
what content are you trying to play via 5.1? because i thought mine wasn't working until i realized only games and dvds actually play through all the speakers when connected via optical cable. Programmes such as itunes does not play music thro all speakers (or at least it doesnt on mine)
the flickering problem also use to occur on my 560 ti until i bought a new hdmi, so maybe try that?

what content are you trying to play via 5.1? because i thought mine wasn't working until i realized only games and dvds actually play through all the speakers when connected via optical cable. Programmes such as itunes does not play music thro all speakers (or at least it doesnt on mine)
the flickering problem also use to occur on my 560 ti until i bought a new hdmi, so maybe try that?

Hello thanks for reply, im trying to play games & music, tried both last night only getting sound through 2 speakers, im connected to TV now with just one HDMI cable straight into my Sony Amp. didn't check back of PC to see if there was an option for an optical thought HDMI would do it all.

Hello thanks for reply, im trying to play games & music, tried both last night only getting sound through 2 speakers, im connected to TV now with just one HDMI cable straight into my Sony Amp. didn't check back of PC to see if there was an option for an optical thought HDMI would do it all.

noramally in games you have to go to settings and change it from stereo to surround or 5.1
with music tho (i think) it will only play 5.1 from a cd being directly played. I might be wrong but i use a sony amp to which is connected to me pc via optical which is the same as using hdmi in terms of sound, and i only get 2.1 when playing thro itunes or windows media player, however as soon as i put a dvd in or cd i have 5.1! i have been told that itunes will only play in stereo so maybe we cant get 5.1?

Don't you have an hdmi output on the amp to connect to the tv?

nope my sony amp only has optical as an input as it was quite a cheap system

nope my sony amp only has optical as an input as it was quite a cheap system
OK ive been looking at a new monitor for my PC as i think my TV is to big im to close to it as my mouse & keyboard are wired, was looking at this speaker package as well, its got good reviews. Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System - 232 Watts RMS been reading a lot of forums about my graphics card & a lot of people are having problems, i have been messing around with the settings so i think ill just install Windows 8 to get everything back to factory settings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom