1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by WTTW, Jun 20, 2004.

1. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me???

I've just got a panasonic DMR-E55, when i bought it the guy in the shop told me that it is one of the most compatible ones on the market.

I've got the hang of recording stuff, but when i try and playback on another dvd player I get nothing,no disc or wrong disc.

I'm sure that this isn't supposed to happen, can anyone help me......? :lease: :rolleyes: :lease: :rolleyes: :lease: :rolleyes:

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    If you try and replay DVD dam discs on any other machine recorded on the E55 you will have compatibility problems :rolleyes: (unless of course its another panny).

DVD-r's however should play on other machines (mind do) as long as they're finalised first :thumbsup:

3. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, we're using DVDr's, but they wont play on anything. I've tried 4 different dvd players, pc and playstation.

I've set it on short play, no timer, they will playback on the same machine, but nothin else. The machine is brand new. I take it that they are supposed to play on other machines when they've been recorded on this.
    thanks for your help mate, if you think of anything will you let me know?

Cheers

4. dempsey

dempsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you finalised the discs before trying to play them on another player?

5. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i think so, when i stop recording it seems to do it automatically. is there anything else you think that i might be missing?

6. dempsey

dempsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The finalisation process isnt an automatic process as far as i am aware on the E55, when you have finished recording you normally go to what I think is either "disk information" or "disk management" and select finalise to complete the process

I may be wrong as my information is based only on a very brief play with an E55

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    That's correct. The note saying "writing information to disk" you get when you press STOP is the final data passing through the VBR onto the disk. This is NOT finalisation - you have to do that though the menu. Once finalised DVD-R is THE most compatible DVDR media type.

8. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes if thats what it does automatically befor ejecting

9. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great hope it works am trying now

10. WTTW

WTTW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks feel like idiot its working great now you saved me loads of problems
    my business is taking video and dvd of fetas between 18-30 weeks in to pregnancy with an ultasound scanner. usually use burner but new machine cant do that hence the dvd recorder i cant thank you enough cheers all
    (hope all your problems are little ones)
    glenda wttw
    window to the womb ltd