1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my Amstrad Digibox.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by S.S.Dhuper, Aug 12, 2002.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I've got the Amstrad sky digibox Model No:3.bc.02 it's about 3 years old, what's happening lately is that when I turn it on from standby the light flashes but it doesn't come on but after a while it does come on but then I can hear the noise but no Picture!!!, is the Digi box telling me it's time to buy a new one.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The earlier Amstrads do have more than their fair share of problems with their PSU and tuners.
    Certainly worth giving SKY a ring and paying them £60 for a call out, worse case is that they repair the digibox barring that they will replace it with a refurbished model or a brand new one all for the £60.

Nothing stopping you buying a brand new box from SKY or another retailer but unless you want a specific digibox then I would go the call out from SKY route.

3. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I'll give them a try.

4. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Beware, you will probably get another refurbished Amstrad box for your £60 tho'.