1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with mCubed T Balancer fan regulator

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pbryanw, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I just received one of these through the post today. Got it at 11 am and I'm still fiddling with it at 8.10 pm so, as you can probably guess, I'm seeking help from anyone who already has this product.

So far it's doing what it's supposed to do - regulating the rpm of my fans - but I need help with the tweaking. So far I've been using a progressive temperature curve for my fans - what's the optimum temperature curve or is it just down to individual preferences? Also I'm having problems keeping the temperature sensors in place. The sticky stuff they provide isn't sticky enough, so is there another way to stick them down? Last of all my fans can do 1900 rpm but the program only reports them as being able to do 1600 - is this normal for this product?

I know the answers to these queries are probably quite simple but they (especially sticking the sensors down) have got me stumped. All in all though I like this product and when I get it working I can see how it will help to reduce the noise of my machine alot. Plus it's one more thing to tweak for hours on end and what's a pc for if not for tweaking :)

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    After further hours of tweaking I have the software properly setup now (touchwood). I have it set up so that if my graphics card gets hot, say I'm playing CS: Source, my case fans speed up thereby cooling the system. If I'm not playing games my fans drop to 50% of their full speed so sound is reduced by about the same amount. It works rather well and I'm happy with my purchase. It is damn fiddly to set up properly though and if anyone has any ideas how to stick down the sensors I'd be very happy - at the moment I'm using sellotape. Of course with my basic setup it is quite alot of money to pay to do something so simple but I can see how it would come into its own if, say, you had 4 - 8 fans and were regulating each fan individually with each of the four temperature sensors. At the moment I only use the graphics card sensor but as I said before it's one more thing for the inner geek in me to tweak and tweak and tweak :) .