Reaction score
hi ,
im gonna buy 32 inch FullHD tv..

my uses:
PC Games 20%
HD Movies 10%
XBOX360 and PS3 10%

and 50% SD..

which tv will show the best quality in sd ?
V5500 (Sony) \ W4000E (Sony) \ LC32X20E (Sharp) \ LC32X20E (Sharp) \ 32PFL7803D (Philips)

thank you :)

That's only 90%. What hapenned to the other 10% ? ;):devil:

Hi,
Not 10% admiring own reflection in screen then?...No? Just me then.

Anyway,Have a look at this site,use the filter at the top of the lists to read reviews on each make.
LCD & Plasma Review

From your list,the two Sony's are favoured.the V5500 is advertised here;
32" Sony KDL-32V5500 (KDL32V5500) LCD Digital TV 1080p Full HD

I have read reviews of the Sharpe's and they seem to have a few minor niggles that let them down but a decent review here;
Sharp Aquos LC-32X20E 32in LCD TV Review - TV Reviews - TrustedReviews

I cant seem to find a review of the Philips that you mention.Reviews of other models however, praise their pictures but do mention that they need almost constant tweaking to maintain it.
There have been reliability issues raised on these very Forums as well.

You don't mention Samsung. have a look at the reviews for them on the first site I highlighted.

Hope that helps,

Good luck,

KH

Hi,
Not 10% admiring own reflection in screen then?...No? Just me then.

Anyway,Have a look at this site,use the filter at the top of the lists to read reviews on each make.
LCD & Plasma Review

From your list,the two Sony's are favoured.the V5500 is advertised here;
32" Sony KDL-32V5500 (KDL32V5500) LCD Digital TV 1080p Full HD

I have read reviews of the Sharpe's and they seem to have a few minor niggles that let them down but a decent review here;
Sharp Aquos LC-32X20E 32in LCD TV Review - TV Reviews - TrustedReviews

I cant seem to find a review of the Philips that you mention.Reviews of other models however, praise their pictures but do mention that they need almost constant tweaking to maintain it.
There have been reliability issues raised on these very Forums as well.

You don't mention Samsung. have a look at the reviews for them on the first site I highlighted.

Hope that helps,

Good luck,

KH
thank you...
i didnt mention samsung because i have one already (650 52inch) and i want to try something diffrent :)

thank you again :)
so ill get the best sd picture with the v5500 ?

Hopefully,someone on here who owns one will comment on the picture quality of that model,From the reviews I think its fair to say that the Philips could actually give the best picture but with the Caveats that I mentioned earlier.

To be Honest,if it were my Money and I wasn't such a Samsung fanboy And Sony didn't have such a "We're the best because we say so" attitude,then I might consider the V5500.

Good Luck,

KH

Hopefully,someone on here who owns one will comment on the picture quality of that model,From the reviews I think its fair to say that the Philips could actually give the best picture but with the Caveats that I mentioned earlier.

To be Honest,if it were my Money and I wasn't such a Samsung fanboy And Sony didn't have such a "We're the best because we say so" attitude,then I might consider the V5500.

Good Luck,

KH
ok thank you..
if someone have the sony \ philips plz reply :)

There seems to be mixed opinions on the quality of SD on Sony TV's. I have a 32" W5500 and the SD quality is more then acceptable to from the built in Freeview. I'm not sure about external SD sources. There are main discussion threads on both the Sony V and W series in the main LCD forum so you may want to have a look at those for more opinions.

there is any diffrent between and V5500 and the W5500 picture? (i heard about the 100hz.. something else?)

There seems to be mixed opinions on the quality of SD on Sony TV's. I have a 32" W5500 and the SD quality is more then acceptable to from the built in Freeview. I'm not sure about external SD sources. There are main discussion threads on both the Sony V and W series in the main LCD forum so you may want to have a look at those for more opinions.
I've heard that this year's sonys suffer from backlight bleed and poor blacks when viewed from an angle?:(
They're quite expensive too. For example the 40"S series is £800 and the Panasonic 42X10 is around £700 and has 100hz, better freeview/SD quality... and more:D
Plus an extra 2 inches:rotfl::cool:

I've heard that this year's sonys suffer from backlight bleed and poor blacks when viewed from an angle?:(
They're quite expensive too. For example the 40"S series is £800 and the Panasonic 42X10 is around £700 and has 100hz, better freeview/SD quality... and more:D
Plus an extra 2 inches:rotfl::cool:

Clouding and backlight bleeding is very rare and not likely in the 32 inch models. My 32W5500 doesn't suffer from them. I'm also baffled as to why people say they have poor viewing angles and suffer from poor blacks when not viewed straight on as my set certainly does not suffer from that.

There are pros and cons to both Sony and Panasonic but overall I would say they are very similar in quality. I was going to go with the Panasonic 32G10 but the only reason I didn't is because it comes with Freesat and this costs £150-200 more then the Sony 32W5500.

Clouding and backlight bleeding is very rare and not likely in the 32 inch models. My 32W5500 doesn't suffer from them. I'm also baffled as to why people say they have poor viewing angles and suffer from poor blacks when not viewed straight on as my set certainly does not suffer from that.
Maybe they were talking about the Larger models:confused::rolleyes:
Smaller ones shouldn't have this problem as much, because the panel doesn't have to be stretched as much.
Typically, the problem is visible 40"+.:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom