Need help with KD-AVX2

Kaos_vauxhall

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there I just subscribed to this forum coz well it is the only descent forum out there that actually helps people.

I have bought a head unit KD-AVX2

And don’t know how to wire up the Head unit so that it plays DVD while driving without the handbrake being up.
as u know to who ever has one of these you have to wire the head unit to the handbrake and it only plays the DVD when you have the car stationary meaning the handbrake up.

:lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:
If anyone knows how to get passed this problem would you mind sharing your wisdom. cheers Peepz

Thank you in advance for any replies I get.

i installed a pioneer dvd screen in my 106 and you have to run the handbrake cable (should be labeled from the back of the stereo) to the handbrake. then pull the switch out from under the handbrake lever and connect the headunit handbrake cable to the + wire of the handbrake switch. i used a haynes manual that told me how to get the switch out and used a multimeter to test which was ground and which was + on the handbrake switch.

I would check your headunit manual that the connection is the same (to +) when doing it.

All you need to do is put the handbrake lead from the stereo to an earth anywhere on the car. This is advice only as it is illegal to have the screen on whilst driving. Do it at your own risk.:D

i read this too but it doesnt work with all headunits. i know it doesnt work with the new pioneers not sure about other makes. what would happen if you got pulled over for playing a film while driving?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOOOOHOOOOO HOOOYAAAAAAA

people cheers for the replies and RECODES :lesson: will take care when driving :smashin: :D

it not really for me to watch but for my passengers. but i will wire it up as soon as possible.

bit busy right now with UNI dam exams.:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:eek: OMG i just was browsing the sites and realised that JVC had already released a better version of my head uni

JVC KD AVX33

what a bloddy **** take

o well SOD the lot of em

dam mooopets (JVC)

can any one tell me if well it is Crapper then my one KD-AVX2
if its better then JUST LIIIIEEEEEE lol :mad:

anyway i'm out. check back later all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom